sâmbătă, 8 august 2015

REVIEW - Evil Games (D.I. Kim Stone #2) by Angela Marsons


Synopsis:

The greater the Evil, the more deadly the game… 
When a rapist is found mutilated in a brutal attack, Detective Kim Stone and her team are called in to bring a swift resolution. But, as more vengeful killings come to light, it soon becomes clear that there is someone far more sinister at work. 

With the investigation quickly gathering momentum, Kim finds herself exposed to great danger and in the sights of a lethal individual undertaking their own twisted experiment. 

Up against a sociopath who seems to know her every weakness, for Detective Stone, each move she makes could be deadly. As the body count starts to mount, Kim will have to dig deeper than ever before to stop the killing. And this time - it’s personal.

REVIEW:

After I read the first one in this series I was very angry, because I completeley disliked it and for me was a total waste of time. But I'm glad I read this one, because compared to the first it was better.

If you're like me and you were bored, you rolled your eyes while reading the first one, you had a hard time trying to finish that thing and put pieces together, then you'll be a bit surprised when you'll read and enjoy this. Because I did. And to be honest I had the impression that was written by another author: the writing style was more cursive, the characters more fleshed out, the plot was stronger, more complex and action and suspense had a bigger role. 

I won't talk about the plot and what happens but this book really played with my mind a little, especially that character, the sociopath. It was interesting to see how one acts and thinks, but it was also scary because due to a freak's influence like that people can start act very strange or deadly. So it was intriguing but if I had the opportunity I would've killed that think with my bare hands.

I think this book is good if you want something psichological, more like a mind game and not something with fights, weapons, investigations and action. Yeah, it has actions, suspense, suspects and all that good stuff but it's more centred around people, the human brain, how it can be influenced and changed, how easily sensible people can be damaged or drastically influenced. So I don't know if you would like this kind of read but for me was a good, easy, short and interesting one. Kind of a summer-with-a-bit-of-strange-stuff-in-it-summer-read.

Thanks to NetGalley and the publisher for this one!

0 comentarii: