duminică, 23 august 2015

REVIEW - Easy Silence by Beth Rinyu


Synopsis:

They say you never forget your first love. No matter how many more come along or how much time goes by, there will always be that one person who will be forever embedded deep inside your heart and soul. For me, that was Jaxson Callahan. 

We were complete opposites. I was a senator’s daughter. My parents were always too busy keeping up appearances on the political scene to show me love, so instead they bought my affection. He was the son of a woman who allowed men to use and abuse her as well as him, just for her next fix. We became each other’s solace during that summer we met, creating a lifetime of memories in three short months. I provided him with a sense of hope that there was more than just the harsh reality of the life he had grown accustomed to, and he showed me a genuine love that I had been yearning for my entire life. We vowed to be together forever. I loved him and he loved me…. and nothing would keep us apart. 

Nothing except the secrets that were hiding in that small seaside town. Secrets that altered our destiny. We were never given any warning as we watched our future shake, crumble and disappear altogether, leaving us with nothing but memories of a bittersweet past. 

Life can be beautiful. Life can be kind. And life can be heartless… because nothing about our situation was fair. 

REVIEW:

This book was very cute, heart wrenching and I liked it more than I was expecting!

I read it really fast and I didn't even realize how fast this story gripped me and how easy I got attached to the characters. I enjoyed very much the writing style, which was beautiful, simplistic and full of emotions. Plus, it was very vivid and descriptive and I could see, feel and smell everything. Which is very important for me. And as I said, I got attached to the characters so fast, like I knew them for a long time or they were my friends and I was visiting them for summer.  

Easy Silence is a very special book and it's like a bouquet of emotions: sadness, happyness, regret, hope, rage, anger, fury, love, hate etc. There are so many feelings in this novel and they are so powerful, because it's so well done. You have a nice story, good shaped characters, beautiful places, a relationship which is very different from what you see in New Adult. It wasn't cliche, nothing was rushed or forced. It seemed real and even if some will think that it's too sad or it wasn't right how it ended, I think that's the purpose. In life you can't say it's not right or I want another ending, because you can't. 

I don't know what to say more about this book but for me was a powerful read and besides enjoying the writing style and the story, I liked the fact that it had a different ending and that the things weren't what I or other people were expecting. For me was a huge twist and I don't know if it was good or bad but I think it suited the story and the characters. 

I recommend this one if you want something fast and easy, but it's not unicorns and rainbows. It's more like serious stuff and sad thinks and people that are so bad and stupid just because they have a huge ego and they think that appearances are more important. I think it deserves to be read by more people and to be loved. Tell Jaxon and Sam that I say 'hi' : ) 

Thanks to NetGalley and the author for this one!

0 comentarii: