joi, 11 iunie 2015

REVIEW - Trust The Focus (In Focus #1) by Megan Erickson


Synopsis:

With his college graduation gown expertly pitched into the trash, Justin Akron is ready for the road trip he planned with his best friend Landry— and ready for one last summer of escape from his mother’s controlling grip. Climbing into the Winnebago his father left him, they set out across America in search of the sites his father had captured through the lens of his Nikon.

As an aspiring photographer, Justin can think of no better way to honor his father’s memory than to scatter his ashes at the sites he held sacred. And there’s no one Justin would rather share the experience with more than Landry.

But Justin knows he can’t escape forever. Eventually he’ll have to return home and join his mother’s Senate campaign. Nor can he escape the truth of who he is, and the fact that he’s in love with his out-and-proud travel companion.

Admitting what he wants could hurt his mother’s conservative political career. But with every click of his shutter and every sprinkle of ash, Justin can’t resist Landry’s pull. And when the truth comes into focus, neither is prepared for the secrets the other is hiding. 

REVIEW:

How am I going to write this review, because I don't even know how to start. So, let's start from the beginning. I saw the cover and I knew I had to read it and then I read the synopsis and I was like "...omg! omg! it's a roadtrip book and there are two guys!" You can't imagine how happy I was about this and at that I point I hadn't read it. 

I don't want this review to be long, because I will repeat myself and honestly I don't think I can say more than I loved this thing to death! But let's not be morbid. This was the best book I've read in a long time and honestly roadtrip books are a hit or miss for me, because they focus on the roadtrip and forget the character or they have some awesome characters and the roadtrip is boring. But this one had both and I was hooked from the first page! 

I felt like I was there with Justin and Landry, going on a roadtrip and visiting beautiful places and taking photos, relaxing, laughing and eating a ton of food. The writing style is so beautiful and I'm so sad now that I read this novel so fast : (, because I can't have more time together with these two awesome people. But at least I can be happy that they are happy now and life is beautiful and I'm glad that I went with them on this roadtrip.

I liked both Justin and Landry and I can't talk about them separately, somehow I can see them in one picture, staying so close and smiling or making faces. They complete each other and I think that during this roadtrip they were not just  honest with each other but with themselves, and along with discovering each other they could look at them more and see their true self. 

Trust the Focus is such a beautiful, honest, funny, lovely, amazing and powerful book! It's about friendship and love, it's about accepting who you are and what you really want and not what others want for you. It's about discovering that you are stronger that you knew and finding that inner strenght that was staying asleep inside you. Or maybe it was waiting a proper moment to awake. 

This book it's about real people, people that make mistakes and want to repair them, people that want to find love and a real and right road for them in life, people that want to cry when they are happy and laugh when they are sad. It's such a powerful and emotional read, full of happy and sad moments and a ton in between. Moments that you can't describe in words but you can feel. It's a great book and I'd be so happy if more people will read it and love it! Because it deserves a lot of love and I think that more should read this, because you can't, YOU CAN'T miss this roadtrip! 

I highly recommend this one and, as I said, I'm sad that it ended so fast, but I'm so happy that it happened. And if you don't read it, then I'm sorry for you, because you have no idea what you can lose. But don't worry, more for myself! 


Thanks to NetGalley and the publisher for giving me the opportunity to read this one. And sorry for the late review!

0 comentarii: