joi, 30 aprilie 2015

REVIEW - The Infinite (Gates of Thread and Stone #2) by Lori M. Lee

Synopsis:

The walls of Ninurta keep its citizens safe.

Kai always believed the only danger to the city came from within. Now, with a rebel force threatening the fragile government, the walls have become more of a prison than ever.

To make matters worse, as Avan explores his new identity as an Infinite, Kai struggles to remind him what it means to be human. And she fears her brother, Reev, is involved with the rebels. With the two people she cares about most on opposite sides of a brewing war, Kai will do whatever it takes to bring peace. But she’s lost her power to manipulate the threads of time, and she learns that a civil war might be the beginning of something far worse that will crumble not only Ninurta’s walls but also the entire city.

In this thrilling sequel to Gates of Thread and Stone, Kai must decide how much of her humanity she’s willing to lose to protect the only family she’s ever known.

REVIEW:

I liked this one more than the first one and in my opinion it was way better; even if, from what I've seen, some people think the opposite. Maybe they don't like action packed books.

Because it's the sequel I won't talk a lot, but as I was saying this book was good. I enjoyed the action and the suspense, the twsists and turns that were coming like crazy, and I'm surprised to say, but I really liked Kai and I could very easily sympathize with her. I felt like in this novel she was more mature and could think of more things than her brother and Avan. 

Also, in this book we find a ton more about the world, about Kai's power and the magic that exists. And I really wasn't expecting the enemy or the enemies to be... but I'll let you discover that. Because it's awesome and it's worth reading. This was a very strong sequel and I really really can't wait to read the next one. 

Hopefully my short review is not too all over the place and will convince you to read this. Don't mind the negative reviews and just read it if you feel like. Also, if you haven't started this series, then I don't know what are you doing. 

@Thanks to the publisher and to NetGalley for approving me.

0 comentarii: