joi, 30 aprilie 2015

REVIEW - Distance (Distance #1) by Andrea Heltsley

Synopsis:

Lexi has sworn off guys for good.
She’s always been a hot mess, but accidentally finding her boyfriend of three years cheating on her is just too much for her to handle. 

All she wants is to get this summer done and over with, so she and her best friend Elena can travel cross country for college. Then she will finally be free of this town, the friends that dropped her in favor of her ex, and her klutzy reputation.

Lexi's policy was working perfectly, until a guy named Mason comes to her rescue. Not once but twice in one night. For once, her mishaps have led to something good.
She’s feeling things that scare her, but she’s drawn to him. Can Mason break through her walls, or will she stick to her plan and steer clear of him? 

This is a New Adult romantic comedy. 

REVIEW:

This book wasn't New Adult in my opinion and if is considered New Adult just because the characters graduated high school, then it means that I have a problem. 

You can read this if you don't like New Adult or detailed sex scenes, because they aren't. Are just kisses and touches, and just little hints that something happened. Is like a Young Adult love story. A very easy, short and not so complex written. The writing style was nice and I liked the characters and the descriptions, but all was just common and nothing felt original. I felt like I have read some scenes over and over again in other books. 
The main characters are ok, nothing too special; sometimes I felt that they were just sketched and maybe I wanted more than their physical description. I didn't feel emotions or anything like that and for me the love thing between Lexi and Mason was too fast and instalove. 

I recommend this to who hasn't read so many love stories or Young Adult love stories. Also people who want to read something more 'mature' can try it, because as I said, is not New Adult. At all!

@thanks to netgalley for approving me.

0 comentarii: