sâmbătă, 7 februarie 2015

REVIEW - TAG by Shari J. Ryan

Synopsis:

What if your family had a big secret . . . a life changing secret. My dad, the bigwig CIA agent, was always on the run, whether he was being chased or doing the chasing. I missed him. Then my mom passed away, and my sister was murdered. I turned my solitude to strength because the alternative was too bleak.

But my luck seemed to turn: I met Tango. And while I want him more than I’ve ever wanted anything in my twenty-two years, danger lurks around every corner and I simply can’t take the chance of it finding me. But his tattoos, his smell, his darkness, and his body— that marine has taken over my every thought. But, what if he too isn’t what I think? A ticking time bomb isn’t going to leave me much time to waver. Even the bravest person can be in need of a miracle.

Before she was gone, my mom warned me to know everyone and trust no one. But what was I supposed to do when I found out I am the one not to be trusted? Turns out, I was always the bait in this conspiracy.


REVIEW:

I picked this up because everytime I'm eager to meet new authors and read awesome books, and this sounded really good, the cover was a turn-on, so... 

This review will be a bit short and not because I didn't enjoy the book, but because I don't want to spoil it; and this being a mystery/suspense novel sould be read without knowing too much. I think because I read it without paying too much attention to the synopsis or not knowing too much about it, made me like it so much. 

TAG was a very good written novel, that held me on the edge of my seat for the whole ride and I enjoyed everything: action, plot, characters, twists and turns, dialogue. It was so well written and I have nothing negative to say. I didn't see that ending coming and some thing really surprised and shocked me. And sometimes I think I forgot to breathe, because this is a hell of a ride and from the second half of the novel I couldn't think what was going to happen, who was the bad guy, what was the main thing. 

This book, like the two main characters, plays with your mind. Now says something and then does other thing. And it was so much fun and so much suspense and adrenaline. Plus, I really really liked Cali and Tango, and their stories. Both are strong and full of ambition and inner strenght, and I admired them through the whole book; because they haven't had a beautiful past and they are not having a nice life in the present. But things start to change, little by little... and when you reach the end you feel sad and reliefed. Sad because they are leaving you and reliefed because they are now safe and sane.

And another thing that made this book awesome and great for me was the writing style. It gripped me from the beginning and from the first sentence I knew that I'd love it. And I'm so glad that I picked this up even if I haven't heard about it, because it woth it and I just want to read it again :)) Yeah, that much I loved it! The writing style feel so natural and cursive and you feel everything; the characters are very well sketched and the whole novel is a beautiful jem that is waiting to be discovered. 

Highly recommend! 


Received this through NetGalley for a HONEST review!

0 comentarii: