miercuri, 1 octombrie 2014

Top Ten Tuesday - Books That Were Hard To Read For Various Reasons

For future Top Ten Tuesday topics & info on how to participate, click here!
~~~

Hey, lovely readers! : )

This in an interesting topic but also a little hard for me because I don't really remember all the books that were hard for me to read. So I'm going to try to remember, plus I'm going to ask mr. goodreads to help me a bit. Let's see:

 The Shining Girls by Lauren Beukes - it was interesting and I read like half of it, trying to get through it, but I got so bored that I couldn't finish it.

 Calling California (Hunter Hill University #1) by J.P. Grider - I like to read New Adult but this was cliche from the beginning, a style that bored me, stereothypical characters. No.

 Roses by Leila Meacham - this is the books that I hated with all my heart and even I read half of it, I yelled so much at the stubborness and idiocy of the characters and I wanted to burn it and then threw it off a cliff and burn it again.

 Since Forever Ago by Olivia Besse - I wasn't bothered so much by the cliche plot or the simple and childish writing style as much as I was by the naive, so childish characters. They were so childish for their age and their actions. No.

 Morrigan's Cross (Circle Trilogy #1) by Nora Roberts - I tried to read this because someone told me it was interesting, and because I don't read so much paranormal adult I wanted to try. Ugh. I didn't liked it at all - cliche characters, stupid decissions, it was more important the romance thing than the action. No.

 The Virgin Suicides by Jeffrey Eugenides - I enjoyed this book but sometimes I was so bored and confused that I wanted to stop reading. Plus the last part of the book for me was total weirdness. The things got crazy and for me wasn't in a good way. So it was meh.

 Pride of Love by Kevin Dwyer - I expected something good, interesting and with complexe characters. It wasn't that. It was SO simplistic written, the characters were like drawings or I don't know how to describe them - flat, plain, I didn't feel anything. The action was rushed, everything happened in a second. No.

 The Casual Vacancy by J.K. Rowling - I tried to read it. I read a few chapters. So many perspectives, so many characters, the style was hard to understand and to grip you. I put it down.

 A Game of Thrones  by George R.R. Martin - I wasn't bothered by the huge number of pages but I had problems with the huge number of characters and perspectives. And maybe with the violence and the other things. But most important I got bored. For me the writing style was boring. Sorry fans but that's my opinion. 

 World War Z: An Oral History of the Zombie War by Max Brooks - I read and enjoyed this book. But I had a hard time reading it. Some parts were boring, some were good. Sometimes it was too much talk about guns and food and whatever. Yeah, they were important but not so important to tell me the name of the gun and what is doing and... Plus in the book are so many perspectives and sometimes is hard to follow. 

So, this is my Top Ten Tuesday for now. Which is yours? What books gave you a hard time?

0 comentarii: