marți, 2 septembrie 2014

Review - Model Position by Kitsy Clare

Model Position
Synopsis:

For Sienna, love and art are perilous games. Is she ready to take that gamble?

Sienna is a beautiful, talented artist poised on the precipice of soaring into the glamorous, yet cutthroat Manhattan art scene. Dave Hightower is a hooked-up, handsome heir to the hippest gallery in NYC, Gallery Hightower. Erik is the live drawing model with his sizzling green eyes fixed only on Sienna.

Three’s a crowd, so Sienna must make a choice: date Dave and ride the fast track to landing a show at Gallery Hightower and hobnobbing with the art glitterati, or follow her heart and take a chance with Erik, the stunning male model who’s stealing her heart. But Erik has some worrisome secrets, and who in their right mind would make live modeling their career?

Dare Sienna throw away her chances of hitting it big to follow her heart?


REVIEW:

This book was like a cookie. I liked it but it ended so fast; I mean it has just 60 pages (or this number of pages were in the format that I had it) so don't expect it to be a deep story or something like that.

It wasn't a bad read, but as I was saying, being so short the things happened so fast, the emotions and feeling appeared from nowhere and... I really enjoyed it, but I can't say that blew me away. There were some parts where I was smiling or I was eager to know what was going to happen but. You can't compare this with a complete novel, and here I mean with a big number of pages, because let's be honest: you don't have space to create a huge plot and develop more the characters, and keep the action going too. It's like you're trying to put sixty people into a lift.
                                                                                                                                                                    The story was cute, easy and fast, with such a cute romance and if this would've been a novel I'd definitely give five stars. Because the characters would be more complexe, things will come easily and at the right moment, maybe the plot would be not so simple and cheesy, and so on. 
But with what I've read I can't give it five stars, because it's too short, too simple and too fast. 

Yeah, you could read it like a summer read or like a novella, because it's really good and cute, but not when you want more. So, I recommend it!


3/5

This book was given to me through NetGalley for a honest review. Thank you! : )

0 comentarii: