marți, 19 august 2014

REVIEW - Since Forever Ago by Olivia Besse


Synopsis:


Fresh off the heels of a devastating breakup, Riley Benson is a mess. But with her ingenious plan to become a ball-busting heartbreaker herself, she’s pretty sure she’ll survive. After all, what better way is there to get revenge than to move on?

Riley’s determined to become the perfect bachelorette—she’s going to drink like a bro, belch like a beast and swear so much that she’ll make even the most seasoned sailors blush. After all, those are the qualities that every guy’s secretly looking for…. aren’t they?

Max Fletcher is in love with the girl who gave him chicken pox and his first broken leg. When his best friend seems to finally be out of the picture, he can’t help but want to keep Riley all to himself. And, after coaching her with the very best of the very worst love advice, it seems as if he might actually get what he's wanted after all those years. But just as the two come to the realization that they're actually kind of perfect for each other, along comes a secret that threatens to tear them apart.


REVIEW:


I needed a cute, fun and fast summer read so I picked this up, but even if I liked so much the cover, and the synopsis sounded funny and light it wasn't what I was expecting.


But I don't think that the actual story was bad or the writing style. I think my problem was with the characters, for me, they were just sketched and so transparent. I couldn't feel them, sympathize with them and that made me dislike the story. Because you can't enjoy a book, even if is cute and funny, if you can't have a connection with the main people that are in in. 


I think that if Riley wasn't so immature and she wouldn've  jumped so fast to conclusions or run scarred for no serious reason, that story would have been better. But I had problems with Max too or the others. It was like they were there but weren't and I felt them simple and plain. You can't feel something for someone if him or her doesn't feel. I think that this book is more for young audience, even if it has some kind of sex in it and swear words, but for me it was childish, in many ways. 


This is a book that you can read so fast, you can enjoy it so much if you can connect with the characters. It's not a bad novel, but I think it wasn't for me. I was expecting a more dense book, with stronger characters, with more conflict, and not something simple like this. It can be a beach read or when you want something so easy that you almost not feel it but not something that makes you think much when you're reading it or after.


3/5


Thanks to Netgalley for the oportunity to read this book and the publishing company. 

1 comentarii:

Blue Devils spunea...

Am citit-o si eu de curand si nici mie nu mi s-a parut extraordinara. Dar e asa, "de vara", usoara, cum ziceai tu intr-o alta postare